Friday, August 24, 2012

Surviving High school - Must haves

High school can be one of the scariest places you can go, also the most fun. 


High school is where you'll make all your friends that you'll be in touch with for a while. Maybe for some if you it's where you'll get a first boyfriend. I myself am a sophomore in high school now. Let me tell you, freshman year, although it was fun, was FULL of stress and embarrassing moments. So to avoid the no deodorant days, or even the runny nose in class, here are your Must haves. 


Must-Have's:



Packet of tissues:
We're not eight anymore and wiping out noses on our sleeves in High school is socially unacceptable. In winter the flu passes around like crazy and your nose will be dripping like water from a faucet. I remember sitting in my Math class next to my crush and I was not prepared so when I sneezed snot came out all over my hand so I had to  run around the class looking for tissues, which were all out so I had to be excused to go to the bathroom which means running down the hall with a hand on my nose. When I came back my crush has a tissue the whole time and said "Here. Sorry, I just got it out but in case you need it." It was sweet but SO EMBARRASSING! I hid under my hood and avoided him for the whole day after wards.

Pain Killers:
High school puts a lot of stress on us. This leads to Headaches, nervous stomachs, even cold sores! And for my Hooded ladies out there most of us have a cramping issue every month. If your school doesn't allow pain killers. (Which mine doesn't but I bring some anyways... I know I'm a bad person.) Hide them in your backpack or ask a nurse.

Bobby Pins:
Like it or not, you're going to have a bad hair day. It's destiny. So always keep some bobby pins in your bag to pin those crazy fly-away's.

Blotting sheets:
We all have those late days where we have to run to catch the bus, or drive to school. This means no time to was out faces. when I wake up I have oil trouble on my nose, so blotting pads always help me not be Miss Oil nose the rest of the day.

Colgate wisp toothbrushes:
These little things are amazing when it comes to a rush day. They come in packs of four (two on the back an d two on the front.) You go into the bathroom or a bathroom stall and brush like you normally would. When you brush the little thing in the middle pops and it'll smell and feel like you've just had a good brushing.
If you want you can bring a bottle of water to wash out your mouth with.

Deodorant:
Yes, we all forget once in a while to put on deodorant which leads to no hugs or hand shakes throughout the day and hiding under that hood. So always bring some deodorant around to make sure you can hug and be free around whoever you want.

Money:
For Mid-day snacks or even helping out a friend to  get lunch it's always a good idea to bring around a few bucks.

Tampons/Pads:
You never know when mother nature will strike so Keep tampons and pads around for both you and a friend.

Mints:
Brushing does not eliminate bad breath for the whole day, so keep some mints around to refresh, You don't want to run into your crush and have that onion bagel you had for lunch lurking around.

Lip balm:
This is always a good idea to keep your lips soft and gorgeous and maybe even kissable for you lucky ones out there ;).
Pocket mirror:
We don't always have time to stop at the bathroom and check ourselves out in the mirror so bring a mini one just in case.

Water:
Yes, Water is So important to have throughout the day. Always bring a bottle of water and constantly refill it at water fountains so you can stay hydrated and energized everyday!
 -------
I hope you found this helpful and remember, always have a little makeup bag to carry these things in so you don't have to rummage through your backpack :P

Stay amazing my hooded women and Men!
~S.a.g.a.

No comments:

Post a Comment